We'd like to point out that any RFQ always begins with the creation of a Request in order to pass the approval process.
It aids in controlling the workflow from start to finish and managing all of the terms.
If you have already created a New Request and it has been approved, you can continue with this guide. If not, read the following article:
- Open your Purchase request. To do that click on the All Requests tab under Request Management:
- In the list of all requests find the required one. To fasten the search use the Filter function under each column's name. Click on the Request Code or the "View" button next to it:
- On the Request Overview page find the dropdown button:
- Click on it and choose "Create RFQ":
- On the new page, you can enter all of the details for your future RFQ. Select Department, Payment Terms, Project, Carrier, RFQ Start Date, and End Date, then click "Next Step":
Note. Fields that are not marked with * are optional and can be left blank.
- Set up information about Items in the following step. You can add more items, change the quantity, or change the Unit parameter as follows:
Please be advised that Suppliers who participate in the RFQ will provide Unit Price.
- Once you are done with the step click on "Next Step" button.
- Following that, enter the Suppliers who you want to participate:
- Select a field from the list by clicking on it. When you're finished, click the "Next Step" button":
- In the Next step create your email that Suppliers will get as an Invitation to RFQ. Type the description, Email Subject, and Body, and press the button to jump to the Next one:
- Finally, you can add different Attachments that you like the Supplier to see:
- Click Save once you are done with the Steps.
- To start the tender click on the "Start RFQ" button:
- Once you have started RFQ, Vendors will get an invitation to the event via email:
Actions that are required from the Vendor's side are reviewed in the following article:
- Once each of the Suppliers has approved participation and made their bids you can check and compare.
- In the picture below the situation with two Suppliers and their bids:
The best price for a certain RFQ will always be marked with Green color while the second best price will be marked as Blue.
- To close the Tender just click on the button "Finish RFQ":
- After that, you are able to choose the Vendor that you will work with. Click on the best for you option and after "Save selected offers":
- You should pass it once you've included the Approval process. The person in charge of a specific department should approve it by clicking the "Actions" button. If the procedure is not approved, there is a button to return it:
- In the dropdown choose Yes and click on it. Now you are able to write the comment regarding your decision:
- If it was set up, approval is also required by the final step. As previously stated, it is possible to do so by clicking on the "Actions" button and then pressing "Approve":
- Once the approval process has been passed you are able to create PO (Purchase order) with the vendor that has been chosen. For doing that just click on the "Create PO" button:
- After all these actions PO will be created by the system. To view it just press the button "Go to PO's":
- You will jump to the page with All PO's. Choose the required one from the list. Use the filter function to fasten the process. Press on PO Code or "View" button:
- On the opened page you are able to change the PO or if everything is done in a proper way just release it by pressing the "Release" button:
For some actions the following articles might be useful: